Download Forms Here:
- Brief Summary INDEPENDENT (.pdf)
- Brief Summary of AA Program (.pdf)
- Information Needed for Intake Meeting (.doc)
- Lost Discharge Papers (.pdf)
- Operation Veteran’s Assistance Veteran Checklist (.pdf)
- Operation Veteran’s Assistance Surviving Spouse Checklist (.pdf)
- Veteran Questionnaire (.doc)
- Process for Qualifying (.doc)
- Manual Referral Criteria (.doc)
Need to request duplicate discharge documents? Click Here to make request.
Military Service Requirements
The veteran must have served at least 90 days of active duty service; with at least one (1) day of this active duty during a stated period of war. The veteran does not have to have seen action, been in battle or served overseas.
Stated Periods of War
World War I
April 6, 1917 through November 11, 1918
World War II
December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946
June 27, 1950 through January 31, 1955
August 5, 1964* through May 7, 1975
*February 28, 1961 if “in-country” before 8/5/64
August 2, 1990 though a date to be set by law.
Beginning after 09/07/1980 the veteran must serve 24 months to be eligible.
The veteran must have received an honorable discharge or a discharge for medical reasons with an honorable record from any branch of the armed forces of the United States; including Marines, Air Force, Navy, Army, Coast Guard, or Merchant Marines.
Other qualified individuals include Women Air Forces Service Pilots (WASP) or Army Corps (WAAC) and Merchant Marine civil service crewmember aboard a U.S. Army oceangoing transport or U.S. naval transportation service vessel.